Friday, June 28, 2013

Nike's Net Profit Jumps 22% but Chinese Outlook is Soft

Nike's net profit jumps 22% but Chinese outlook is soft. Nike's (NKE) FQ4 earnings beat expectations as net profit soared 22% to $668M, adjusted EPS came in at $0.76 and revenues climbed 7% to $6.7B. North American sales rose 12%, and revenues grew in emerging markets, although they fell in Japan and Western Europe, and were flat in greater China. Nike's shares were -0.9% premarket after the company said that it expects Chinese revenue to fall in fiscal H1 2014 and that it's hard to predict how quickly sustained growth will return to the region.

For those who may be interested...  here is the link to the full text and webcast results...

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-inc-reports-fy2013-q4-and-full-year-results

You might ask, why I'm interested in Nike? Well, as a matter of fact.... China!

I take great interest in the developments in Asia and I'm always watchful of signals that confirm my research.

I recently wrote a special report on China, entitled, "The Asian Contagion, 13 Masks of a Developing Slowdown".

If you haven't had an opportunity to read it or find yourself needing more information about China and it's influence, you can bring yourself  up to speed with the details presented in the report.


Best of Trading

Mike Sinibaldi

P.S. My website is open to everyone right now. Take full advantage of it and read this free report before July 1st. After that, I have to take it down in fairness to my subscribers!


No comments:

Post a Comment